I should start out by saying we are not trying to be rude or inconsiderate. We truly care about our
bunnies and we want to make sure they have the best possible start in life. The below content is simply
meant to explain our process and policy so that we are in full transparency of what we are offering
and what you can expect. We are well aware that our practices may not coincide with your
expectations, and in short, we may not be the right breeder for you.
We are always happy to furnish references of families who have went through this
process and they can explain how it went for them. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Effective 5/8/2020 in person visitations to select/choose your bunny are suspended as RHDv2 is confirmed here in Southern California. We are only allowing visitors on the day your bunny is ready to be picked up and taken home (we will meet you at our driveway and bring your bunny out to you). Bunny selections will be made online through photos and videos.
Please remember we are a home based hobby breeder/enthusiast. We have a family and a job, as do you. We only allow bunny pickups on the weekends (and certain times during the weekday). During the week we have our routine and time set aside for our own family (please respect this). If you cannot coordinate your bunny pickup day on a weekend then please advise us.
We are not a retail store front, petting zoo, farm, commercial facility, or ranch (we are a private home). In short, we are a closed rabbitry, meaning we are not open to the public (for allergy testing, bunny play dates, learning experiences, photo shoots, or other related reasons) due to security, liability, health, and safety reasons. We are by appointment only for the families who are already on our waiting list scheduling their bunny pickup.
What is a closed rabbitry you ask? It means visiting isn't allowed due to biosecurity, health, and safety to the buns (and my family). Rabbits are extremely sensitive (especially young bunnies during the weaning process). Not only does having visitors in and out put the bunnies at risk of contracting contagious/infectious diseases/illness, it can also cause unnecessary stress to these young buns, which could in-turn, could cause them to go off feed which could lead to enteritis. Secondly, I don't allow families into my home to hold/handle these young bunnies in person, due to the fact that baby bunnies are delicate, and if handle improperly, they could get dropped, injured, or even killed accidentally. My #1 goal has been, and always will be, providing healthy companions, and to do so, I have strict protocols on the environment from which they are raised. If this doesn't sound like something you are okay with, then I encourage you to connect with as many breeders as possible and adopt from the one you feel good about. You are also more than welcome to ask for references from my past clients and they can share how this process has worked for them. Lastly, you are always welcome to contact my personal veterinarian directly as they can attest to the welfare of my animals.
I schedule appointments for bunny pickups when the bunnies are ready to go to their new homes. Which is about 7-8
weeks of age. I do not allow visitations without a deposit (a deposit secures your spot on our waiting list and it will ensure you an opportunity to select a bunny when one becomes available that meets your criteria). Families are allowed to remit deposits prior to visiting their bunny as long as they are aware gender may not be 100% accurate. Only families on the wait list will be able to come to my home to collect their bunny. We take the utmost care in caring for your bunny. By having visitors in and out not only compromises the health and well being of your bunny but possibly the health and well being of someone else's. We thank you for understanding and working with us to help bring you the healthiest possible pet you can have.
We encourage you to come by and pick your bunny up when he or she is ready to leave however, we do not allow people to come as though we are a pet shop and come and "browse" and pick the bunny they think is the
most suited based on their limited exposure or research. If by chance we have bunnies remaining after others have been allocated then we will send you pictures and other pertinent information about bunny's assessment.
Please note that our bunnies normally have a waiting list due to popular demand so there is not going to be a likelihood of being able to visit a litter of our bunnies in hopes to get a feel for the breed, or just to play with bunnies. While your intentions may be genuine this is a risk to these young bunnies and a liability to those who have reserved from this litter. Our goal is to keep these babies safe until they go to their new forever home.
In order to keep safety (of my family) and health (of your future bunny) a priority here in our home we no longer are able to allow visitations if you are not on our waiting list scheduling your pickup.
This section below is for those who are on our waiting list and making their visit to our home to meet/take home their new friend/companion;
Please take the time to read our policy, we are very careful about preventing the transmission of diseases to our Holland Lop bunnies.
1. Please call or email us first to set up an appointment. We will be glad to set up a time for you to visit us, as quickly as we can (weekend & weekdays pickups available).
2. If you change your mind or can not keep your appointment, please call us to let us know that you will not be here at the scheduled time (24 hour notice is preferred). If you are running late please just let us know and we will be glad to wait for you. Or we can reschedule your visit if you need us to. Please do not just assume that we will figure it out if you do not show up, we do wait here for you by the phone in case you need to contact us for further directions or need us. We will not get upset at all, we appreciate your courtesy and keeping us informed. If you are more than 30 mins late, your appointment will need to be rescheduled and the remaining balance is due as soon as that appointment is missed in order to keep the bunny you selected on hold until you are able to pick him/her up. You have 1 hour prior to your appointment time to call to cancel or reschedule your pickup appointment without forfeiting your deposit/payment. If you do not show up to your appointment at all or fail to contact us immediately after your appointment is missed, then it is assumed you no longer intend to adopt a bunny from me and any monies paid will not be refunded and any claims to the rabbit will be forfeited. And in such case, the bunny will immediately be posted on my website and other social media platforms as available for sale.
3. When you visit us here please make sure that you do not bring any unwanted germs or viruses with you, this is the most important rule we have and it must be followed each time with every visitor. Please do not visit any other rabbitries, kennels or shelters before you come here to visit us, they may have diseases or parasites there that you are not aware of, and you could accidentally bring them with you to our bunnies. If you do visit another Rabbitry, kennel or shelter, please return home first, shower and change your clothes, especially your shoes. That is the only way that you can be sure not to expose our babies to outside harm.
4. Please schedule your visit accordingly. Each family will have approximately 30 mins to visit/collect with their new bunny, during this time we encourage to bring only a limited number of family members with you. We do this to reduced the exposure risk of viruses, germs, and other contagious infections. Also, please don't not bring any pets with you as they will not be allowed on our premises.
5. Please limit the number of guests to our home, we understand you may have family and small children but we ask you make contact with us first to get prior approval. We do limit the amount of visitors to 3 per family. If there is an exceptional circumstance that requires you to have an excess of 3 please make contact with us to see if we are able to accommodate you. With that being said, we will NOT schedule multiple appointments at once - we provide a very calm, intimate visit which will allow you personal time with your bunny. Rabbits are a prey animals and too much noise and commotion can startle your new friend causing him/her to become fearful or skittish.
6. We will not allow you to meet or play with someone else's bunny. If you don't have a bunny reserved we will not allow you to visit our home or if we currently have no bunnies offered for sale. We will only show you your bunny and we will not allow you to view or handle a reserved bunny. While we understand you may have limited interaction with bunnies and are new to the wonderful realm of rabbits we will not allow you to use our home as a "petting zoo" or "learning experience". We encourage you to research as much as possible and even consider visiting a local rabbit rescue or adoption fair. As much as we love talking about bunnies and educating new owners we simply don't have the time nor want the risk of allowing someone into our home who could expose our animals to outside disease or accidentally injury one of our bunnies.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my policy. If you happen to have additional questions that were not addressed in this section to email or call us for further clarification.